After dominating the MOBA arena with League of Legends, Riot Games is preparing for another colossal challenge: the end of the reign of Counter Strike: Global Offensive in the FPS world. To this end, she relies heavily on Valorant, her new competitive online shooter. Today we are listing the minimum hardware requirements to play Valorant on your PC.
Contrary to what many developers do, Riot Games was not only about showing the minimum hardware requirements for Valorant, but also about listing the performance that you get from certain combinations of processors (CPUs), boards (GPUs), and RAM -Memory can expect.
Are you ready to see if your PC can handle this game? Come on!
Minimum requirements for playing Valorant on the PC
Riot Games specializes in making games accessible to older PCs. Proof of this is League of Legends (LoL), which also runs on older notebooks. With full 3D graphics and a range of visual effects, Valorant is a bit heavier, but still compatible with a large number of computers and hardware.
Below, you can check the minimum recommended settings to keep the game running at 30, 60, or 144+ FPS, according to Riot:
Minimum settings – 30 frames per second:
- Processor (CPU): Intel® Core ™ 2 Duo E8400
- Graphics card (GPU): Intel HD 4000
Recommended settings – 60 frames per second:
- Processor (CPU): Intel® Core ™ i3-4150
- Graphics card (GPU): Geforce GT 730
High-level settings – up to 144 frames per second:
- Processor (CPU): Intel® Core ™ i5-4460 with 3.2 GHz
- Graphics card (GPU): GTX 1050 Ti
Global minimum requirements
- Windows in 64-bit 7/8/10 versions
- At least 4 GB of RAM memory
- At least 1 GB VRAM memory (video card)
The minimum recommended configuration for running Valorant on the PC points to an Intel E8400, a processor that has been on the market for many, many years and is no longer on the market today. Therefore, any current i3 or AMD Ryzen 3 processor can easily do the job. Note that the GPU is also an integrated model, which proves how lightweight Valorant is.
Still, for those who want to take the game seriously, it’s worth investing in more robust machines with dedicated graphics and more modern processors. This is necessary to ensure a smoother experience with a shorter response time between your clicks and commands, and the reaction on the screen.
Before you worry, note that high-end hardware for the game is quite affordable: a GeForce GTX 1050Ti. It guarantees a performance of over 100 frames per second (fps rate), which is considered ideal for competitive online titles. Thicker cards offer more graphic fidelity and the ability to enable features like anti-aliasing and higher resolutions without sacrificing as much performance.
What is valorant?
Valorant is a shooting game with teams of 5 × 5 players, similar to Counter Strike. He prefers aiming, quick reflexes and good game strategy. Each character only has one life per round, which means there is no way to respawn until a new round begins.
The team that reaches 13 winning rounds first wins. To do this, it is necessary to either kill all opponents or plant / deactivate Spike, depending on which side you are on.
The team that reaches 13 winning rounds first wins.
The big difference to Valve’s game lies in the agents, characters with unique skills that can be selected in each game. So far, 11 characters are available, each with different roles, skills and gameplay. Check out some of them below:
Jett – a deadly duelist
The native South Korean appreciates fighting agility. Use wind power to move like a ninja or hurl your deadly blades at opponents. Jett’s skills are:
- Q – Upstream: makes Jett fly up like a jump
- E – Impulse Breeze: moves Jeet at a much higher speed in the direction of movement
- C – Eruption of Mists: shoots a projectile that forms a wall of smoke when it collides with a wall. The projectile can be steered to go in the direction you are looking
- X – Steel Storm: Equip a set of floating knives and throw them one at a time or all at once at your opponents
Omen – The shadow controller
Omen has a creepier appearance that resembles a dark creature. It disrupts the enemy’s view, blinds or creates illusions on the battlefield. Your skills are:
- F – Paranoia: Throws a projectile at enemies that, when hit, creates a curtain of shadows and shortens the enemy’s vision
- E – Shadow mantle: Creates the same shadow sphere that obstructs the view, but this time at a specific point
- C – Dark Steps: Teleports Omen to the marked location if he is within range of the skill
- X – Shadow Jump: Opens the level map so you can select a point to teleport. Opponents can destroy your jump if they see the animation in time, so be careful
When is Valorants Release?
Valorant will be available in closed beta until the end of May 2020, the full version will be published on June 2, 2020. Valorant is free to play and can now be downloaded. Just go to this link, create a Riot Games account, and have fun.
It is important that Valorant has advanced anti-cheat mechanisms (anti-cheat) that are installed on your PC and loaded in parallel to the operating system. So if you close it you will have to restart your computer in order to open the game again.
While it seems quite restrictive, the measure tries to avoid the problems of cheaters getting into online space, which is often seen in games like CS: GO and Rainbow 6 Siege.
Do you have Valorant installed? So tell us how your PC works. Just leave a comment below.